Hey guys!!! Earlier this week, I made a vanilla cake, that turned out super good. It was super moist, and super easy to make. So without further ado, let’s get to the recipe!!!
- 1 stick/8 tbsp. unsalted butter- at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 large eggs- at room temperature
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- line the bottoms of your two 9″ cake pans with parchment paper, and then spray them with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt, then set aside
- Beat the butter, sugar, and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed for around 5 minutes, or until the mixture is light in color and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and beat in the eggs one at a time until fully combined.
- Alternate the flour mixture and the milk. Starting with 1/3 of your flour, then 1/2 of your milk, then another 1/3 of your flour, then the rest of your milk, then the rest of your flour
- divide the batter evenly between your two cake pans
- bake in the oven on the same rack for 35-40 minutes
- allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving, but if you choose to frost the cake, then allow it to cool completely before frosting, so that the frosting won’t melt off.
Well, I hope that you guys like this recipe, I know I did. And just so you know, if a recipe calls for you to sift something, but you don’t have a sifter, then don’t worry. I just use a thin mesh strainer, that has SMALL holes in it, and this works perfectly. I don’t have a sifter, so I just tried this and it worked. If you try this recipe, comment down below how it turned out for you, and whether you like it or not. This recipe is from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/classic-vanilla-cake by the way. I didn’t include the frosting on this cake, because I am all out of powdered sugar at the moment, and my mom is in California for the week and couldn’t go to the store to get more, but it still turned out SUPER good. Hope you enjoyed!