Hey guys! It’s been a while since I have posted something on here. I have been experimenting with my own recipes trying to come up with one of my own that tastes good, and have been sick. I have finally come up with my own recipe that tastes good. I wouldn’t call it AMAZING, or TO DIE FOR, like some recipes are, but it is still REALLY good. My grandparents are visiting, so I made this cake for them. My grandpa doesn’t even like cake, but he said that it was really good… and no, it wasn’t just to make me think that he liked it when he didn’t, he actually liked it.
So enough of me talking, lets get to the recipe.
For this recipe you will need…
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- rainbow sprinkles (these are optional)
- a dash and pinch of salt- I have these measuring spoon that my Great Grandma gave my mom that I used for this that are for a dash, pinch, and smidgen
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 7 teaspoons of orange juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoons+1/8 teaspoons of orange zest
- 1 drop of red food coloring
- 2 drops of yellow food coloring (the food coloring is optional… I haven’t tried this recipe without the food coloring before. I don’t think that it would, but not using food coloring could affect the texture of the cake.)
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift together all of your dry ingredients in a large bowl, leaving out the sprinkles.
- Melt butter in 20 second intervals. I used the microwave, but you could do it on the stove too, just let it cool down for a bit afterwards.
- combine butter, milk, and eggs, and whisk them together until lots of air bubbles form at the top
- Add the rest of your wet ingredients, leaving out the food coloring, and whisk together.
- mix together wet and dry ingredients with a rubber spatula, once combined, add in the food coloring.
- pour batter into a greased 9 inch round cake pan. I used a glass pan, and I used cooking spray to keep to keep the cake from sticking.
- add in your sprinkles, and swirl them around with a toothpick or knife.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool before serving.
I didn’t use any icing or buttercream to frost this cake, but you could try if you wanted to, I just don’t know if it would turn out good or not.
I am sorry that I don’t have any pictures at the moment, but I hopefully will be able to post a video of the process this week. I keep forgetting to take pictures, and by the time I remember about it, (usually about 1-2 hours after the cake is out of the oven), the cake is same as gone.
Hope you guys enjoyed!!!!!