- 6 lbs fresh tomatoes or 6 cans of petite diced regular tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup of distilled white Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 pouch of Mrs. Wages mild or hot salsa mix
- Make sure you wash the tomatoes, then scald them in boiling water for 3 minutes
- Once finished, put in cold water and peel off the skins of the tomatoes, then core them.
- After you peel and core the tomatoes, dice them up, and measure out 10 cups. If using diced tomatoes from a can, make sure you don’t drain them.
- Put the 10 cups of tomatoes into a non-aluminum saucepan, and then add in the vinegar and salsa mix. Put on the stove and bring to a boil. Once the salsa is boiling, bring to a simmer and let it sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After that, your salsa is ready and you can either serve it, can it, or freeze it. 😀
If you have any questions on how to can or freeze it, just comment and I can tell you how.
Oh… By the way, this recipe is from Mrs. Wages🤗
I used about 18 different sized tomatoes, from small to large, and instead of scalding the tomatoes for 3 minutes, I just put them in boiling water until the skins start to crack and peel off. I also used apple cider vinegar, and the salsa turned out amazing!!! This was something that I made with my grandma, and we canned them. And again, if you have any questions about canning or freezing the salsa, or any questions at all, just comment and I’ll answer your question as soon as I can.